Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Crafts

So yes, it's been almost a year; and it was brought to my attention that I have not posted anything! After buying my first house in May and moving in June and getting settled in July, August, September...well, you get the idea. I finally had time to make some gifts.

My nephew, Clay, loves to do crafts. He can sit for hours and just draw. So for Christmas and his birthday, I thought it would be a lot of fun for him to have an art kit. Complete with glitter, glue, staples, googley eyes, pipe cleaners, construction paper, crayons, markers, clay (of course), stickers, and much, much more.







Then for his birthday (which is right after Christmas), I cut him a bunch of shapes with my Cricut (horses, giraffes, spiders, bats, etc.). This was the card I made him using the Dreams Come True Cricut cartridge which I hadn't had a chance to really play with yet.






Sebastian (also from Dreams Come True) was just for fun, but I put him with the shapes I cut.











I made this plaque for my cousin for her birthday. Turned out really nice, I thought! I used vinyl (Wall Pops) cut with the Cricut (Alphalicious and Home Decor) and mounted on a 12x12 tile. The stand is from Dollar Tree. And I covered the back of the tile with brown felt using tacky glue to adhere the fabric.




I made a bunch of personalized ornaments as my first experiment with vinyl (love it!). I made one for each female co-worker in my office at work. I also made one for each of my family members with different Christmas shapes. Working on a flat surface is much easier! Although I did stock up on half-price ornaments after Christmas in anticipation of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment